Visits from family and friends can comfort patients and support their recovery. In most cases, Hancock Health encourages open visitation between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. To find a patient’s location, call (317) 462-5544 or consult the directory.
Visitors to Hancock Regional Hospital can park for free in our garage off Boyd Avenue. A front lot and valet parking are also available. You can find directions to our entire network of facilities here.
St. Vincent Medical GroupLearn More
Hancock Family Medicine – GatewayLearn More
Hancock Health Connection CenterLearn More
Healthway Park Labs
Gateway Immediate CareLearn More
Hancock Neurology & Neurodiagnostics – McCordsvilleLearn More
Hancock Internal Medicine – McCordsvilleLearn More
Hancock Family Medicine – New PalestineLearn More
Hancock Family Medicine – McCordsville
Hancock Counseling and Psychiatric ServicesLearn More
If you’re feeling hungry, our cafeteria offers many healthy meal options for dining in or carrying out. And if you’d like to surprise the patient you’re visiting with flowers, balloons, or another present, the gift shop in the hospital lobby is open every weekday to serve you.
The Hancock Regional Hospital cafeteria is open Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Breakfast: 6:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Lunch: 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Dinner: 4:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
The gift shop in our hospital’s lobby is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (but is closed on weekends). Visitors can purchase fresh flowers, balloons, cards, baby gifts, and other items. If you’re unable to visit but want flowers or balloons delivered to a patient, call our shop at (317) 448-4492 for same-day delivery. All major credit cards are accepted.
Purchase Local Flowers
When our hospital gift shop isn’t open, Greenfield has florists who can deliver bouquets to patients.
Places to Stay
If you’re visiting someone and staying overnight, Greenfield offers many comfortable lodging options nearby.
Super 8 by Wyndham
2100 N. State St.
Greenfield, IN 46140
Phone: (317) 462-8899
Hancock Health welcomes and encourages the involvement of family and loved ones in our patients’ care. We have adopted this Statement on Patient Visitation Rights:
- Patients may receive visitors of their choosing, including, but not limited to, a spouse, domestic partner, another family member, or a friend.
- Patients may refuse to consent to a person visiting them, or may withdraw consent to see a visitor at any time.
- Hancock Health will ensure that all visitors enjoy full and equal visitation privileges consistent with patient preferences. We will not restrict, limit, or otherwise deny visitation privileges on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability, nor will it permit anyone else to do so.
- Patients may designate a “Support Person” to exercise their visitation rights on their behalf. Patients may designate a Support Person in any manner, including orally, in writing or through non-verbal communications (such as pointing).
- Hancock Health can apply reasonable clinical restrictions and other limitations on patient visitation, which may be based upon, but are not limited to, the following:
- A court order limiting or restraining contact
- A visitor’s behavior presenting a direct risk or threat to the patient, hospital staff, or others in the immediate environment
- Visitor behavior that is disruptive to the functioning of the patient care unit involved
- The patient’s risk of infection by the visitor
- The visitor’s risk of infection by the patient
- A patient’s need for privacy or rest
- The need for privacy or rest by another patient in the patient’s shared room
- Any special restriction rules that apply to special patient care units (mental health/behavioral health, drug and alcohol, etc.)
- When visitation would otherwise interfere with the care of the patient and/or the care of other patients