Housing & Utilities

If you’re experiencing housing insecurity or were hit with a utility bill you can’t pay, these community resources can offer assistance.

Alternatives Incorporated

Provides advocacy, emergency shelter, and crisis support to individuals experiencing domestic violence and sexual assault.

Main Number: (866) 593-9999
Center Township Hancock County Trustee

Serves the residents of Center Township. Provides relief to individuals and families in need by issuing vouchers for food, clothing, shelter and medical care. Referrals are made to other agencies where the client may be eligible for assistance.

Community Outreach Ministry Eastside (C.O.M.E.)

Assists residents in western Hancock County and Warren Township with food, utility, and rent.

Dayspring Center

Provides emergency shelter, clothing and three meals a day for homeless families with children in Central Indiana.

Main Number: (317) 635-6780
Division of Family Resources, Hancock County

Energy Assistance Program (ICAP)

Assists low-income families and individuals in paying for winter heating and summer cooling utility costs.

Holy Family Shelter

Emergency shelter for families, couples, pregnant women, and single parents. Bilingual (English/Spanish) caseworker on staff.

Hope House

Provides shelter and mentoring to Hancock, Henry, Rush or Shelby county residents.

Main Number: (317) 467-4991
Interlocal Community Action Program (ICAP)

Provides financial assistance with rent, utility bills, and child care.

Main Number: (765) 462-2557
Jackson Township Trustee

Connects Jackson Township residents to food, clothing, shelter and medical care.

Main Number: (317) 936-5112
Salvation Army Ruth Lilly Women and Children’s Center

Provides shelter and counseling for women and children who are victims of domestic violence.

Main Number: (317) 637-5551
Section 8 Housing

Helps low-income individuals and families find housing through the Housing Choice Voucher program.

Main Number: (317) 462-2557