OB/GYN & Pelvic Health
From routine exams to treating complex conditions, Hancock Health provides compassionate OB/GYN care in all stages of life. Our gynecologists take the time to explain your options, listen to your questions, and inform you of additional preventative care opportunities. All to create a more trusting provider-patient relationship and reduce stress for you.
Care for Every Stage of Life
We provide personalized, compassionate women’s care for every step of your life journey, from adolescence through menopause and beyond.
In addition to annual exams, we offer:
- Birth control and pessary fittings
- Preconception counseling
- Infertility counseling and treatment
- Endometrial biopsies for abnormal or post menopausal bleeding
- Treatment for abnormal paps, such as colposcopy and LEEP
- Bladder leakage treatment
- Genetic cancer screenings
- Osteoporosis counseling and treatment
Visit our Women’s Clinic
Hancock Health’s Women’s Clinic serves at-risk uninsured or underinsured women who meet income guidelines through various programs and services. The clinic provides essential services, including:
- Breast and pelvic ultrasounds
- Breast MRIs and biopsies
- Pap and pelvic exams
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Birth control counseling
- Non-surgical gynecologic issues
The clinic operates on a part-time basis and is staffed by an experienced nurse practitioner and clinic coordinator, both overseen by a gynecologist. The clinic is open to all women, both insured and uninsured. For appointments, please call (317) 468-4641.
The Women’s Clinic is made possible through the Hancock Health Foundation’s Women Helping Women Program and funding from the Indiana Breast Cancer Awareness Trust. Additional funding is from private donations and the Breast and Cervical Cancer Program sponsored by the Indiana State Department of Health.
The board-certified surgeons and expert team members at Hancock Health have a deep understanding of reproductive health and women’s unique needs.
We use start-of-the-art technology in a newly-updated operating suite at Hancock Regional Hospital, which has been nationally recognized as one of America’s safest hospital environments.
We provide leading-edge OB/GYN procedures that include:
- Total vaginal hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy
- Total abdominal hysterectomy
- Total laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic tubal ligation
- Ablation procedures for heavy bleeding
- Surgery for urinary incontinence
- Surgery for vaginal prolapse
- Cesarean section (C-section)
- Anterior and posterior repair (colporrhaphy)
- Cervical cerclage
- Cone biopsy (conization)
- Dilation and curettage (suction D&C)
- Ectopic pregnancy surgery
- Loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP)
- NovaSure® endometrial ablation
- Sacrospinous ligament suspension
- Vaginal cyst removal (Bartholin’s cyst)
- Vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC)
- Vulvar lesion removal